Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

3-48 Marker 7-7-13

58_142668.jpg Thumbnails3-48 Old Plantation in MaumeeThumbnails3-48 Old Plantation in MaumeeThumbnails3-48 Old Plantation in MaumeeThumbnails3-48 Old Plantation in MaumeeThumbnails3-48 Old Plantation in MaumeeThumbnails3-48 Old Plantation in MaumeeThumbnails3-48 Old Plantation in Maumee

Front Text: Levi Beebe built in 1836 this structure then known as the Commercial Building housing stores, bank, and post office. During the canal era, the building was a stagecoach stop and social center for Maumee, the Lucas County seat until 1853. Later the inn was called the Neely House, Schiely House, the Bismark, Seurin Hotel Langley Inn, and, after 1940, The Old Plantation. Back Text: