Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

28-48 The Marker infront of the main building at the Scott Park Campus

231_108421.jpg Thumbnails28-48 The MarkerThumbnails28-48 The MarkerThumbnails28-48 The Marker

Front Text: In 1872, Jesup W. Scott donated 160 acres at this site as an endowment for a university to train "artists and artisans" to assume important roles in a growing industrial Toledo. The University held classes at Scott Park from 1922 to 1931. In 1969, the site of Scott's land donation became the site of the University's Community and Technical College. Back Text: Same