Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

4-45 The Setting for Marker #4-45

209_109000.jpg Thumbnails4-45 The House TodayThumbnails4-45 The House TodayThumbnails4-45 The House Today

Front Text: Built in 1842 in the Greek Revival Architectural Style for Alfred Avery from designs by Minard Lefever, the house subsequently served as a home for the Spelman (1845-1873), Downer and Cole families (1873-1902), the Phi Gamma Delta (1902-1930) and Kappa Sigma (1930-1956) Fraternities. This house was bequeathed to the Licking County Historical Society By Robbins Hunter Jr. (1905-1979) as a museum of the 19th Century. National Register of Historic Places. Back Text: Same