Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
Home / Subjects Iron Industry + Oak Hill /

3-40 Jefferson Furnace Crew

377_3074.jpg 3-40 Jefferson Furnace Employees Hauling CharcoalThumbnails3-40 The Jefferson Furnace Crew3-40 Jefferson Furnace Employees Hauling CharcoalThumbnails3-40 The Jefferson Furnace Crew3-40 Jefferson Furnace Employees Hauling CharcoalThumbnails3-40 The Jefferson Furnace Crew

⇧ Go to Oak Hill Marker Home


Marker Details

Title, side A
Indian Green
Title, side B
McKinnis-Litzenberg Farmstead
Address
Litzenberg Memorial Woods, 6100 US 224
Findlay, 45840
Location
Along entrance to farmstead, W of OH 186 on US 224
Latitude
41.059356
Longitude
-83.764212

Picture Details

Title
Jefferson Furnace Crew
Caption
Reproduction of a photograph depicting a crew of laborers at the Jefferson Furnace in Jackson County, Ohio. The crew members are identified as Amos Crabtree, Fred Heading, John Wilson, John Wilson Jr. and Ellory Manring. Jefferson Furnace was built in 1854. Wilbur Stout, former chemist at the Columbus Iron and Steel Company and Ohio's state geologist, researched and collected photographs of blast furnaces in Ohio. He received this photograph from Mostyn Jones of Oak Hill, Ohio (AL00814).