Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

4-33 Old Sandusky Road

233_6866.jpg 4-33 Old Sandusky RoadThumbnails4-33 Old Sandusky RoadThumbnails4-33 Old Sandusky RoadThumbnails

Side A: Old Sandusky Trail and Shawnee Ford. County Road 265 follows an old Indian trail which connected the Wyandot villages at Upper Sandusky with the Shawnee Mac-o-chee towns to the southwest. Many wigwams were pitched near this Scioto River ford during the late 18th and early 19th centuries. Soldiers (during the War of 1812), settlers, and stagecoach passengers later followed this route. Side B: Same. Same