Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

12-25 State School for the Deaf

191_2977.jpg Thumbnails13-25 Deaf School Park frontThumbnails13-25 Deaf School Park frontThumbnails13-25 Deaf School Park front

Side A: Deaf School Park. This ten acre site was purchased in 1829 for the Ohio School for the Education of the Deaf. The first school building opened here in 1834; the school was enlarged in 1845. In 1868 the original school was replaced. Another school building was added in 1899 and a hospital in 1908. The Deaf School was relocated on Morse Road in 1953. Side B: Same. Same