Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
Home / Franklin County / 13-25 Deaf School Park /

13-25 State School for the Deaf

191_2976.jpg 13-25 Deaf School Park BackThumbnails13-25 Deaf School Park BackThumbnails13-25 Deaf School Park BackThumbnails

⇧ Go to 13-25 Deaf School Park Marker Home


Marker Details

Title, side A
Deaf School Park
Title, side B
Same
Address
480 E. Town St.
Columbus, 43215
Location
At site of park, E. Town Steet
Latitude
39.9604620
Longitude
-82.9878540

Picture Details

Title
State School for the Deaf
Caption
This stereoview shows the exterior view of the main building of the State School for the Deaf, also known as the Deaf and Dumb Asylum, on Town Street in Columbus, Ohio, ca. 1868-1876. This building was constructed in the late 1860s and was used until 1953. (AL05146)