Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

85-31 SDeister

106308_143264.jpg Thumbnails85-31 SDeisterThumbnails85-31 SDeisterThumbnails85-31 SDeisterThumbnails85-31 SDeisterThumbnails85-31 SDeisterThumbnails85-31 SDeisterThumbnails85-31 SDeister

Front Text: In 1910, voters approved a $275,000 bond issue to construct this school on seven and one-half acres of an old orchard on Sherman Avenue. Opened in 1914, Norwood High School offered standard educational classes as well as home economics, manual training, and commercial courses. Increased enrollment required additions of an east wing in 1924, a west wing in 1931, and a field house in 1927. Adding a technical building in 1950 provided Norwood with one of the first vocational education programs in the area. A source of community pride, this building has been a high school, junior high school, and middle school. Back Text: In 1910, voters approved a $275,000 bond issue to construct this school on seven and one-half acres of an old orchard on Sherman Avenue. Opened in 1914, Norwood High School offered standard educational classes as well as home economics, manual training, and commercial courses. Increased enrollment required additions of an east wing in 1924, a west wing in 1931, and a field house in 1927. Adding a technical building in 1950 provided Norwood with one of the first vocational education programs in the area. A source of community pride, this building has been a high school, junior high school, and middle school.