Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

102-18 Lakewood Park Marker (Front)

106216_132700.jpg Thumbnails102-18 Lakewood Park Marker (Back)Thumbnails102-18 Lakewood Park Marker (Back)Thumbnails102-18 Lakewood Park Marker (Back)Thumbnails102-18 Lakewood Park Marker (Back)Thumbnails102-18 Lakewood Park Marker (Back)Thumbnails102-18 Lakewood Park Marker (Back)Thumbnails102-18 Lakewood Park Marker (Back)

Front Text: The changing use of this land, now Lakewood Park, reflects the development of Lakewood, Ohio from a small agricultural community to a thriving modern suburb. Early settler John Honam's property stretched north from Detroit Avenue to Lake Erie, between Belle and Cook Avenues. His 1834 home was restored by the Lakewood Historical Society and now serves as the Oldest Stone House Museum. Later, the property was the site of the lavish Robert Russell Rhodes estate,