Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker
[ stop the slideshow ]

178 109329

178_109329.jpg Thumbnails8-15 Log House 5-18-12Thumbnails8-15 Log House 5-18-12Thumbnails8-15 Log House 5-18-12Thumbnails8-15 Log House 5-18-12Thumbnails8-15 Log House 5-18-12Thumbnails8-15 Log House 5-18-12Thumbnails8-15 Log House 5-18-12

Side A: Log House Museum. Joshua Dixon selected this site in 1805 as the center for Columbiana. The first local post office, established at this museum location in 1809, pioneered free mail delivery in 1837. The museum, an early log home in the village, was moved here and restored in 1975 by community effort for use as a museum and Bicentennial headquarters. The annex was built in 1978. Side B: Same. Same