Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Lucas County / 4-48 First Presbyterian Church [5]

Title, side A
First Presbyterian Church
Text, side A
This congregation was organized January 9, 1820 by 11 charter members. In 1837 the structure was completed on land reserved for religious purposes on the first Maumee plat. A British gun battery stood on the site in the War of 1812. Additions to the building were made in 1922, 1951, and 1968. Dr. Horatio Conant, pioneer teacher, merchant, physician, and politician, was for 59 years a member and officer.
Address
200 E. Broadway
Maumee, OH 43537
Location
First Presbyterian Church at 200 E. Broadway
Coordinates
Latitude: 41.5614510, Longitude: -83.6507300.
Google map: