Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Brown County / 2-8 Dixon-Washburn Log House [5]

  • 2-8 The cabin 2-8 The cabin
  • 2-8 Memorial stone at cabin 2-8 Memorial stone at cabin
  • 2-8 Marker 2-8 Marker
  • 2-8 Dixon Washburn 2-8 Dixon Washburn
  • 2-8 Dixon Washburn 2-8 Dixon Washburn
Title, side A
Dixon-Washburn Log House
Text, side A
This house originally stood at Logan's Gap, Union Township. By tradition, it was constructed in 1793 by Indian scouts William Dixon and Cornelius Washburn who became residents of Brown County. Dixon lived in this house until 1800.
Location
At site of log house at the Brown County Fairgrounds off SR 125