Home / Lorain County / 17-47 Columbia Township 
- Title, side A
- Columbia Township
- Text, side A
- Founded in 1807, Columbia was the first continuously inhabited settlement in Lorain County. Harmon, Levi and Azor Bronson, Calvin Hoadley, Jared Pritchard and others formed the Waterbury Land Company to buy the township from the Connecticut Land Company. In 1808, Sally Bronson named the township and became its first teacher. In 1809, the first church society was formed and Hoadley built a log gristmill beside the Rocky River. A militia company was organized in 1810 and a two-story blockhouse was constructed for protection during the War of 1812.
- The Columbia Historical Society and The Ohio Historical Society
- Route 82 & Columbia West River Road, Columbia Township Park