Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Licking County / 4-45 The Robbins Hunter Museum-Avery Downer House [7]

  • 4-45 The Setting for Marker #4-45 4-45 The Setting for Marker #4-45
  • 4-45 The House Today 4-45 The House Today
  • 4-45 Granville 9/14/13 4-45 Granville 9/14/13
  • 4-45 Granville 9/14/13 4-45 Granville 9/14/13
  • 4-45 Avery-Downer House 4-45 Avery-Downer House
  • 4-45 The Robbins Hunter Museum Avery-Downer House 4-45 The Robbins Hunter Museum Avery-Downer House
  • 4-45 Robbins Hunter Museum (as Phi Gamma Delta Chapter House) 4-45 Robbins Hunter Museum (as Phi Gamma Delta Chapter House)
Title, side A
The Robbins Hunter Museum-Avery Downer House
Text, side A
Built in 1842 in the Greek Revival Architectural Style for Alfred Avery from designs by Minard Lefever, the house subsequently served as a home for the Spelman (1845-1873), Downer and Cole families (1873-1902), the Phi Gamma Delta (1902-1930) and Kappa Sigma (1930-1956) Fraternities. This house was bequeathed to the Licking County Historical Society By Robbins Hunter Jr. (1905-1979) as a museum of the 19th Century. National Register of Historic Places.
Address
221 E. Broadway Street
Granville, OH 43023
Location
221 E. Broadway St.
Coordinates
Latitude: 40.067703, Longitude: -82.517730.
Google map: