Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Lake County / 5-43 Fairport Harbor Lighthouse [15]

Title, side A
Fairport Harbor Lighthouse
Text, side A
Lighthouse and keeper's dwelling, erected in 1871 to replace the 1825 structures designed by Jonathan Goldsmith. From the time it guided early settlers into the Western Reserve until it was decommissioned in 1925, this station served Great Lakes shipping for its most important 100 years. The present, well-proportioned tower, constructed of Berea sandstone, is an outstanding engineering achievement.
Address
129 2nd Street
Fairport Harbor, OH 44077
Location
Fairport Marine Museum, 129 Second Street
Coordinates
Latitude: 41.7568460, Longitude: -81.2780000.
Google map: