Home / Hardin County / 9-33 Wheeler Tavern 
Hardin County is refurbishing all markers during the summer of 2019. If marker is missing it should be replaced soon.
- Title, side A
- Wheeler Tavern
- Text, side A
- Wheeler Tavern was built by Portius Wheeler, an early pioneer of Hardin County, around 1835 near the Shawnee Ford of the Scioto River. According to local historians this was the first brick residence constructed in Hardin County. Tradition maintains that Wheeler Tavern was a station on the Underground Railroad, a network of contacts and places that aided escaping slaves making their way to the free North.
- The Country Connection Club and The Ohio Historical Society
- Intersection of TWP Rd 144 and Twp Rd 265
Kenton, OH 43326
- NW corner of intersection of TWP Rd 144 and Twp Rd 265