Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Hardin County / 4-33 Old Sandusky Trail and Shawnee Ford [6]

  • 4-33 Sign with river 4-33 Sign with river
  • 4-33 Sign with Amish 4-33 Sign with Amish
  • 4-33 River 4-33 River
  • 4-33 Close up of sign 4-33 Close up of sign
  • 4-33 Old Sandusky Road 4-33 Old Sandusky Road
  • 4-33 Old Sandusky Road 4-33 Old Sandusky Road
Title, side A
Old Sandusky Trail and Shawnee Ford
Text, side A
County Road 265 follows an old Indian trail which connected the Wyandot villages at Upper Sandusky with the Shawnee Mac-o-chee towns to the southwest. Many wigwams were pitched near this Scioto River ford during the late 18th and early 19th centuries. Soldiers (during the War of 1812), settlers, and stagecoach passengers later followed this route.
Address
South of Pfeiffer Station, along the banks of the Scioto River and shoulder of C.R. 265
Kenton, OH 43326
Coordinates
Latitude: 40.619167, Longitude: -83.499967.
Google map: