Hardin County is refurbishing all of their markers during the summer of 2019. If missing, this marker should be reinstalled soon.
- Title, side A
- Chief Roundhead's Village
- Text, side A
- Upon this site, in the late 18th and early 19th centuries, stood Chief Roundhead's Wyandot Indian village. This flourishing agricultural community later gave way to white settlement and Hardin County's first town was laid out here in 1832. Roundhead, or Stiahta, was celebrated for his capture of American General James Winchester during the War of 1812. Roundhead is believed to be buried in this vicinity.
- Members of Country Connectioin Club and The Ohio Historical Society
- Main Street and Township Road 39
Belle Center, OH 43310
- SW corner of intersection of OH 117/235 and Twp Road 39