Hardin County is refurbishing all markers during the summer of 2019. If marker is missing it should be replaced soon.
- Title, side A
- The Black and White Schoolhouse
- Text, side A
- Built in 1886 by direct descendants of slaves, the Black and White schoolhouse provided education for local youth until 1928. Denied admission to white schools in the area, local African-American families first built a log schoolhouse across the road in 1883 in which to educated their children. Three years later, this brick building was constructed. The black families allowed white children to attend and, as a result, the school became known as the Black and White school. It is an early integrated school in Ohio.
- Country Connection Club and The Ohio Historical Society
- Intersection of Ohio 31 and County Road 190
Kenton, OH 43326