Home / Hardin County / 1-33 Hog-Creek Marsh 
- Title, side A
- Hog-Creek Marsh
- Text, side A
- Comprising 8,000 acres of Brookston-Crosby soils, the marsh is named for Hog Creek which drains it. Once a shallow lake, cranberries, wild flags and grasses flourished here. Reclamation (1868) cost $13.00 per acre. Dredging was done by steam scow; lateral ditches were hand dug by spade. The original grade of 1/3" in 100' proved ineffective for onion, beets and potatoes. In 1949 restored drainage outlets breathed new life for today's soybean and corn agriculture.
- Heirloomers Club of Dola and Ada and The Ohio Historical Society
- SR 81 half-way between the towns of Ada and Dola