Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Hancock County / 5-32 Hancock County Courthouse [11]

Title, side A
Hancock County Courthouse
Text, side A
Hancock County was organized March, 1828, court being held in a log schoolhouse. In 1833, a frame courthouse was built. It served until 1840, when a brick structure went up on this site. During the oil and gas boom of the 1880's, the present courthouse was erected at a cost of $305,272, and dedicated Oct. 27, 1888.
Text, side B
June 5, 1885, County Commissioners. C.S. Kelley, J.M. Moorhead and A.S. Beck, together with G.W. Galloway, G.W. Myers, Lemuel McManness and Presley Hay approved plans for the third Hancock County courthouse. W.H. Campfield & Son were contractors; Weary & Cramer, architects. Justice, Law and Mercy are the statutory group. The 16-ft. statue of John Hancock stands 130 ft. above ground.
Address
819 Park St.
Findlay, OH 45840
Location
819 Park
Coordinates
Latitude: 41.038900, Longitude: -83.650400.
Google map: