Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Hancock County / 12-32 St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church [2]

Title, side A
St. John's Evangelical Lutheran Church
Text, side A
This frame church, architecturally typical of the rural churches built throughout Ohio in the latter nineteenth century, was constructed in 1885 during the pastorate of E.L.T. Engers. The first pastors were from the German Reformed tradition and served a German-speaking congregation. The church contains native oak hand-hewn beams, rafters, and floor joists. The stained-glass windows were added in 1902.
Address
203 W. South St
McComb, OH 45840
Location
SW corner of W. South Street & High Street
Coordinates
Latitude: 41.1063820, Longitude: -83.7931420.
Google map: