Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Franklin County / 44-25 Orange Johnson House [6]

  • 44-25 Cheryl & Ernie Tuller 44-25 Cheryl & Ernie Tuller
  • 44-25 Orange Johnson House 44-25 Orange Johnson House
  • 44-25 Orange Johnson House looking north on High St. 44-25 Orange Johnson House looking north on High St.
  • 44-25 Orange Johnson House 44-25 Orange Johnson House
  • 44-25 Orange Johnson House 44-25 Orange Johnson House
  • 44-25 Orange Johnson House 44-25 Orange Johnson House
Title, side A
Orange Johnson House
Text, side A
The original pioneer structure of this house was built by Arora Buttles in 1811. It was purchased by Orange and Achsa Johnson in 1816. Orange Johnson came from Connecticut as a comb maker; he became a farmer, landowner, turnpike commissioner, paymaster for the militia, banker, and railroad stockholder. In 1819 the Federal style addition was constructed on the west side of the pioneer house, and the Johnsons continued to live here until 1863. Restored and owned by the Worthington Historical Society.
Address
956 High Street
Worthington, OH 43085
Location
956 High Street
Coordinates
Latitude: 40.093698, Longitude: -83.017613.
Google map: