Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Hamilton County / 16-31 Newell School [3]

  • 16-31 Marker 16-31 Marker
  • 16-31 Inset Picture 16-31 Inset Picture
  • 16-31 The Setting 16-31 The Setting
Title, side A
Newell School
Text, side A
A school has stood on this site almost continuously since the late 1840s. The first school here was the Newell School, a white-frame, one-room school in use from approximately 1847 to 1939. The building was a part of the Newell Rural School District, which extended from the north border of Greenhills to present-day Interstate 275. Area schools consolidated in 1939 and the Newell district was absorbed into the Science Hall Rural School District and then into the Greenhills Rural School District (later renamed the Greenhills/Forest Park School District). The site of the old Newell School is now a part of the Winton Woods City Schools. The building directly behind this marker opened in 1968 as Forest Park High School and later became Winton Woods High School.
Address
1215 W. Kemper Road
Forest Park, OH 45240
Location
1215 West Kemper Road
Coordinates
Latitude: 39.288930, Longitude: -84.527150.
Google map: