Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Darke County / 1-19 Bradford [4]

Title, side A
Bradford
Title, side B
Blank
Text, side A
Bradford began, in 1852, as a construction camp of the Columbus, Piqua, and Indiana Railroad. When the Richmond and Covington Railroad made a junction here in 1864, the village grew with the railroad yard. There were 60 miles of track, a 50-stall roundhouse, and jobs for 2000 men. Community life in Bradford centered at the Railroad YMCA.
Text, side B
Blank
Address
NE corner of N Miami Ave/OH 721 and School Street
Bradford, OH 45308
Location
Bradford Y-Yard Park
Coordinates
Latitude: 40.130950, Longitude: -84.430717.
Google map: