Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Cuyahoga County / 18-18 Berea District Seven School [8]

  • 18-18 #1- The Setting - Dec '06 18-18 #1- The Setting - Dec '06
  • 18-18 #2- Fine Arts Club 18-18 #2- Fine Arts Club
  • 18-18 #3- The Marker 18-18 #3- The Marker
  • 18-18 #4- And Closer 18-18 #4- And Closer
  • 18-18 #5- Another Story 18-18 #5- Another Story
  • 18-18 #6- Another View 18-18 #6- Another View
  • 18-18 School 18-18 School
  • 18-18 Marker 18-18 Marker
Title, side A
Berea District Seven School
Text, side A
A fine example of the district school building common to Ohio in the early years of the twentieth century, this two-room, red-brick schoolhouse was completed in 1913. Accommodating elementary school children in east Berea and adjacent areas of Middleburg Township, the Berea "Little Red Schoolhouse" replaced an original wood-frame, one-room school built in the late nineteenth century on the same site. No longer active as a school, the building was used by the Berea Fine Arts Club from 1935 to 1980, and subsequently by the Berea Jaycees for meetings and community projects. This historic structure has been carefully restored and opened to public gatherings by the Berea Little Red Schoolhouse Foundation, Inc. It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975.
Address
323 E. Bagley Road
Berea, OH 44017
Location
323 East Bagley Road
Coordinates
Latitude: 41.372391, Longitude: -81.842770.
Google map: