Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Cuyahoga County / 116-18 Holy Name High School, Founded 1914 [2]

  • 116-18 Marker - Courtesy of Laura Herron 116-18 Marker - Courtesy of Laura Herron
  • Marker 116-18 Marker 116-18
Title, side A
Holy Name High School, Founded 1914
Text, side A
Founded in 1914, Holy Name High School was one of the first co-educational Roman Catholic high schools in Cleveland. Originally located at Harvard and Broadway Avenues, the school opened under the direction of Holy Name Parish with educational leadership of the Sisters of Charity from Cincinnati. In 1978, Holy Name High School moved to its present location in Parma Heights, the former home of Nazareth Academy. Throughout its history, Holy Name High School has served the community by providing a Catholic, college-preparatory education. The Holy Name spirit lives on through its alumni, who have made a difference around the world.
Address
6000 Queens Highway (or 6000 Layor Drive)
Parma Heights, OH 44130
Location
Holy Name High School
Coordinates
Latitude: 41.402525, Longitude: -81.762371.
Google map: