Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Cuyahoga County / 113-18 Clague Family Homestead [30]

Title, side A
Clague Family Homestead
Text, side A
The Clague House and barn serve the community as a museum, history library, and a community theater. It is also a reminder of the area's agrarian past and is a memorial to the philanthropic generosity of the Clagues. Robert Clague first came to Dover Township from the Isle of Man in 1829. Clague briefly returned to his native land; in 1837 he arrived back in Dover with his wife and infant. The couple raised nine children on the 78 acre farm. The Italianate structure, built in 1876, is the third home constructed on the Clague property. In 1926, surviving children Walter and Sophronia donated the farm to Dover Township for the creation of Clague Memorial Park.
Address
1371 Clague Rd
Westlake, OH 44145
Location
Clague House Museum
Coordinates
Latitude: 41.466668, Longitude: -81.882268.
Google map: