Home / Cuyahoga County / 11-18 Pilgrim's Rest 
- Title, side A
- Pilgrim's Rest
- Text, side A
- Returning to Ohio from Detroit following the massacre of Christian Indians at Gnadenhutten in 1782, Moravian missionaries David Zeisberger and John Heckewelder settled their Indian congregation at this site because it was still too dangerous to return to the Tuscarawas valley. The village was named Pilgerruh, or "Pilgrim's Rest." Hostile Indians forced this mission to move to present Erie County.
- Ohio Society Sons of the American Revolution and The Ohio Historical Society
- Button Road at Tinkers Creek & Cuyahoga River