Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Cuyahoga County / 100-18 Parma's First High School [2]

  • 100-18 Right next to the stadium 100-18 Right next to the stadium
  • 100-18 Marker 100-18 Marker
Title, side A
Parma's First High School
Text, side A
A bond issue passed by the voters of Parma and Parma Heights Township in 1919 funded the construction of Parma's first high school. It was located at this site on Ridge Road, south of Ridgewood Drive (then Bean Road) and was dedicated in October 1921. Charles W. Bates designed the school as a single story building, but two years later a second story was added. The first graduating class in 1922 consisted of six students, two boys and four girls. In 1928, the land behind the school became the football field. The Parma High School building became a junior high in 1937 and then in the 1950s, Ridge Road Elementary. From 1962 to 2006 the old high school was the Parma City Schools' Board of Education. The building was demolished in October 2010.
Address
6726 Ridge Rd
Parma, OH 44129
Coordinates
Latitude: 41.381481, Longitude: -81.734732.
Google map: