Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Crawford County / 6-17 Knisley Springs Farm [1]

  • 6-17 Located on Cox Road between Biddle and Beck 6-17 Located on Cox Road between Biddle and Beck
Title, side A
Knisley Springs Farm
Text, side A
Long known to the Indians for the mineral spring water, this land was purchased in 1819 by Samuel Knisley. After 1880 it was developed as a resort area by Dr. Jerome Bland, who also established a cattle and horse breeding farm. In 1930 the land became part of PICKWICK FARMS which in 1976 was the largest standardbred breeding farm in Ohio and known throughout the United States and Canada.
Location
Located at site of farm (now Pickwick Farms) in Bucyrus
Coordinates
Latitude: 40.836033, Longitude: -82.831848.
Google map: