Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Columbiana County / 8-15 Log House Museum [6]

  • 178 109329 178 109329
  • 8-15 Log House 5-18-12 8-15 Log House 5-18-12
  • 8-15 Marker 5-18-12 8-15 Marker 5-18-12
  • 8-15 Log House Museum 8-15 Log House Museum
  • 8-15 Log House Museum 8-15 Log House Museum
  • 8-15 Log House Museum 8-15 Log House Museum
Title, side A
Log House Museum
Text, side A
Joshua Dixon selected this site in 1805 as the center for Columbiana. The first local post office, established at this museum location in 1809, pioneered free mail delivery in 1837. The museum, an early log home in the village, was moved here and restored in 1975 by community effort for use as a museum and Bicentennial headquarters. The annex was built in 1978.
Address
10 E Park Avenue
Columbiana, OH 44408
Location
NE corner of town square at the Log House Museum
Coordinates
Latitude: 40.888800, Longitude: -80.693320.
Google map: