Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Columbiana County / 7-15 Thomas J. Malone Bridge [11]

  • 7-15 Gaston's Mill 5-19-12 7-15 Gaston's Mill 5-19-12
  • 7-15 Gaston's Mill Marker 5-19-12 7-15 Gaston's Mill Marker 5-19-12
  • 7-15 Malone Bridge 5-19-12 7-15 Malone Bridge 5-19-12
  • 7-15 Marker 5-19-12 7-15 Marker 5-19-12
  • 7-15 Gaston's Mill 7-15 Gaston's Mill
  • 7-15 Gaston's Mill 7-15 Gaston's Mill
  • 7-15 Thomas J. Malone Bridge 7-15 Thomas J. Malone Bridge
  • 7-15 Thomas J. Malone Bridge 7-15 Thomas J. Malone Bridge
  • 7-15 Gaston's Mill 7-15 Gaston's Mill
  • 7-15 Gaston's Mill 7-15 Gaston's Mill
  • 7-15 Thomas J. Malone Bridge 7-15 Thomas J. Malone Bridge
Title, side A
Thomas J. Malone Bridge
Title, side B
Gaston's Mill
Text, side A
This covered bridge stood in the 1870s over Middle Run, on State Route 154, between Lisbon and Elkton, Elkrun Township. It was converted to a storage shed and moved twice by the Elkrun Township Trustees. Mr. Malone, a covered bridge researcher, found the structure along the Pine Hollow Road and recognized it as a covered bridge. Restoration was completed in 1971.
Text, side B
Built in 1830 by Samuel Conkle, Gaston's Mill was owned and operated by eight men chief among them was Philander Gaston. The last operator was Levi Hickman. Power for the mill was originally supplied by water, later by steam and gas engines. Operation was discontinued in the late 1920's.
Address
Echo Dell Rd. Rt. 1
East Liverpool, OH 43920
Location
Beaver Creek State Park
Coordinates
Latitude: 40.436220, Longitude: -81.264610.
Google map: