Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Clermont County / 1-13 First Methodist Church [8]

  • 1-13 Church 1-13 Church
  • 1-13 Church 1-13 Church
  • 1-13 Zane at the church 1-13 Zane at the church
  • 1-13 ohio land marker 1-13 ohio land marker
  • 1-13 Derick 1-13 Derick
  • 1-13 First Methodist Church 1-13 First Methodist Church
  • 1-13 First Methodist Church 1-13 First Methodist Church
  • 1-13 First Methodist Church 1-13 First Methodist Church
Title, side A
First Methodist Church
Text, side A
Founded in 1797 in the log cabin of the Reverend Francis McCormick, the Milford Methodist Church is the oldest of the denomination in the Northwest Territory and Ohio. Pioneer worshipers walked many miles through the wilderness to attend its circuit rider services. The present sanctuary was consecrated on Christmas Day, 1835. The bell tower and Sunday School rooms were 1870 additions.
Address
541 Main Street
Milford, OH 45150
Location
The church, at 541 Main St., Milford
Coordinates
Latitude: 39.176321, Longitude: -84.290970.
Google map: