Home / Clark County / 2-12 City Building 
- 2-12 Marker
- 2-12 #2-12 City Building b
- 2-12 #2-12 City Building Marker & Tower
- 2-12 Springfield City Building Photograph (Om1977)
- Title, side A
- City Building
- Text, side A
- The Old City Building and Market, also known as the Municipal Building or Marketplace, was designed by local architect Charles A. Cregar. It was completed in 1890 at a cost of $250,000. Vendors, who sold meats, fish, provisions, vegetables, and other products, used the first floor of the building as a city market. The second and third floors accommodated city offices, the police department, the City Council Chamber, and City Hall, which doubled as an opera house. The Old City Building and Market, built in the Richardson Romanesque architectural style, was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973. In March 2001, it became the home of the Clark County Historical Society and renamed the Heritage Center of Clark County.
- Ohio Bicentennial Commission, The Longaberger Company, Clark County Historical Society, and The Ohio Historical Society
- 117 S. Fountain Avenue
Springfield, OH 45503
- Heritage Center of Clark County, 117 S. Fountain Ave.