- Title, side A
- Old Enon Road Stone Arch Culvert
- Text, side A
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2009, the span is the oldest in Clark County a traveler can cross. It is also one of the oldest stone bridges in use in Ohio. Stone mason Samuel S. Taylor (1837-1930) built the culvert from locally quarried limestone in 1871, his first public works project. A Civil War veteran, Taylor worked on several projects, including the Mill Run underground sewer (1877), Champion’s East Street shops (1883), and the foundation for Springfield’s city hall (1890).
- Mad River Township, Active Citizens of the Township, and The Ohio History Connection
- Rocky Point Road, just W of Old Mill Road
Springfield, OH 45502