Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Montgomery County / 23-57 St. Paul Lutheran Church Dog Leg Road, Dayton [5]

Title, side A
St. Paul Lutheran Church Dog Leg Road, Dayton
Text, side A
On July 30, 1816, the year before the establishment of Butler Township, a group of farmers of German background founded the Stillwater Church. The log structure with adjoining cemetery was located on three acres between Dog Leg Road and Frederick Pike. In 1842, the congregation replaced the log building with a brick one. In 1873, they moved the building to the northeast corner of Dog Leg and Little York Roads and renamed it St. Paul Lutheran Church. With a fruitful history of sharing God's love, St. Paul celebrated it's 200th anniversary on Sunday, July 31, 2016.
Address
St. Paul Lutheran Church, 7700 Dog Leg Road
Dayton, OH 45414-1608
Location
NE corner of Dog Leg Road and Little York Road
Coordinates
Latitude: 39.8593330, Longitude: -84.2450290.
Google map: