Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Wood County / 22-87 Rossford Army Ordnance Depot, 1942-1963 [1]

  • No Photo No Photo
Title, side A
Rossford Army Ordnance Depot, 1942-1963
Title, side B
Rossford Army Ordnance Depot, 1942-1963
Text, side A
The site of Owens Community College, the Rossford Army Ordnance Depot played a supporting role in the United States' victory in World War II and in national defense during the Cold War. From 1942 until 1945, the Rossford Ordnace Depot served as a distribution center for military vehicles during World War II. The complex also housed an ammunition storage depot. Virtually a city within itself, it featured an extensive railroad and road grid. Following World War II, the Depot remained a major site for military vehicles but expanded its mission to include tool storage and distribution. On July 1, 1963, General Orders No. 28 deactivated the facility from the United States Army Material Command.
Text, side B
Same as Side A
Address
30335 Oregon Rd.
Perrysburg, OH 43551-4539
Location
Owens Community College
Coordinates
Latitude: 41.588085, Longitude: -83.538631.
Google map: