Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Franklin County / 121-25 Harding Hospital Campus [2]

  • HardingHosptial1 HardingHosptial1
  • HardingHospital2 HardingHospital2
Title, side A
Harding Hospital Campus
Title, side B
Harding Hospital Campus
Text, side A
The Harding Hospital, initially called the Columbus Rural Rest Home, was founded in 1916 by George T. Harding II, MD (1878-1934) and his associates, many of whom shared his commitment to service and his Seventh-day Adventist Christian faith. The psychiatic treatment center moved to Worthington in 1920. The hospital's goal was to provide treatment with attention to the person's physical, mental, social and spiritual needs. The program, with its emphasis on relational issues and psychotherapy, drew patients from across Ohio and beyond. In 1936 a residency program in psychiatry for physicians was started and educational programs for other mental health professionals followed. The campus' beauty contributed to its being a place of healing for many. Since 1999, Harding Hospital has been a part of The Ohio State University's Wexner Medical Center.
Text, side B
Same as Side A
Address
445 E Dublin Granville Rd
Worthington, OH 43085
Location
Step By Step Academy
Coordinates
Latitude: 40.088266, Longitude: -83.004424.
Google map: