- Text, side A
- American Legion Union Post No. 79 was organized on August 21, 1919, at the National Guard Armory in Marysville. In 1927, the Legion purchased a 24 acre parcel known as "Clement Woods" to serve as a living memorial "to Union County Veterans of All Wars". The park was dedicated on August 24, 1927, and renamed American Legion Memorial Park. The brick Memorial Building was constructed from 1937 to 1938 by the Works Progress Administration (WPA). The Post held their first meeting there on September 12, 1938. An addition to the Memorial Building was completed in 1960. In 1989, the Legion donated the park to the City of Marysville on the condition it remains a free, public park.
- Text, side B
- The Marysville Municipal Swimming Pool was opened on May 31, 1936, when 5,000 people attended the grand opening. The project began in 1934 when the American Legion deeded a 5 acre parcel of Legion Park to the Village of Marysville for a pool. Local fundraising and support from the Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA) helped sponsor the project. Wilber C. Harbarger of Canton, Ohio, designed the bathhouse and pool. The WPA began construction in 1935 and the completed project, including a Spanish style bathhouse, was finished in late 1937. The municipal swimming pool was dedicated on July 4, 1938. For over forty years, the Depression Era pool and bathhouse served the citizens of Marysville before being replaced in 1982.
- American Legion Union Post No. 79, City OF Marysville, The Ohio History Connection
- 500 Park Ave
Marysville, OH 43040