Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Washington County / 1-84 The American Union Lodge No. 1 Free & Accepted Masons [8]

  • 1-84 View from the Museum Ebtrance note marker in background -- Great Museum !!!!! 1-84 View from the Museum Ebtrance note marker in background -- Great Museum !!!!!
  • 1-84 Marker Site 1-84 Marker Site
  • 1-84 The American Union Lodge No. 1 Free & Accepted Masons 1-84 The American Union Lodge No. 1 Free & Accepted Masons
  • 1-84 The marker 8/31/2013 1-84 The marker 8/31/2013
  • 1-84 Another view of marker 8/31/2013 1-84 Another view of marker 8/31/2013
  • 1-84 The marker from a distance 8/31/2013 1-84 The marker from a distance 8/31/2013
  • 1-84 Campus Maritus 1-84 Campus Maritus
  • 1-84 1-84
Title, side A
The American Union Lodge No. 1 Free & Accepted Masons
Text, side A
The lodge was organized in Roxbury, Massachusetts, on February 10, 1776, by Connecticut soldiers in the Continental Army. It met when and where it could during the Revolutionary War. By tradition, the lodge's name and seal were suggested by Benjamin Franklin and the seal was engraved by Paul Revere. Many of the lodge members settled in the Marietta area following the war. On June 28, 1790, the lodge was reorganized in Campus Martius under its original warrant held by Past Master Capt. Jonathan Heart, commandant of Fort Harmer.
Address
601 2nd Street
Marietta, OH 45750
Location
Campus Martius Museum, 601 Second Street
Coordinates
Latitude: 39.421074, Longitude: -81.460640.
Google map: