Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Summit County / 9-77 Old Town Hall and Academy [5]

Title, side A
Old Town Hall and Academy
Text, side A
The Village of Tallmadge was founded in 1807. The first Academy building was erected in 1815. The first home of the Academy was located on the second floor of this Town Hall, which was erected in 1859. The Academy served students from northeast Ohio, who desired advanced courses not offered by local school systems, until 1876.
Address
Across from 218 Tallmadge Circle
Tallmadge, OH 44278
Location
At the southern end of the Tallmadge Town Square
Coordinates
Latitude: 41.1010610, Longitude: -81.4414550.
Google map: