Home / Summit County / 39-77 Gustave H. Grimm 
- Marker #39-77
- 39-77 The Setting
- 39-77 The marker 6/23/2013
- 39-77 Evaporator Works - Rt 91
- 39-77 On this site...
- 39-77 Richard L Semko
- Title, side A
- Gustave H. Grimm
- Text, side A
- On this site in 1882, Gustave H. Grimm (1850-1914), a German immigrant tinsmith, established the G.H. Grimm Manufacturing Company. His device, the Champion Evaporator revolutionized maple syrup production with the use of a corrugated pan which increased the efficiency of evaporating liquids such as saps. Grimm's business became the world's leading manufacturer of maple supplies. His contributions as an inventor, researcher, and manufacturer established him as a leader in the maple sugar industry.
- Hudson Library and Historical Society and The Ohio Historical Society
- 46 Ravenna St
Hudson, OH 44236
- The Evaporator Works, at N corner of parking lot