Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Summit County / 31-77 First Congregational Church of Hudson [7]

Title, side A
First Congregational Church of Hudson
Title, side B
Blank
Text, side A
On this site, the first meetinghouse owned by the Hudson Congregational Church was dedicated March 1, 1820, twenty-one years after David Hudson first came to the Hudson area. Its members met here until they completed their sanctuary on Aurora Street in 1865. In August 1835, church members unanimously adopted a resolution declaring that slavery is"a direct violation of the law of Almighty God." At a November 1837 prayer meeting, church member and anti-slavery leader John Brown made his first public vow to destroy slavery.
Text, side B
Blank
Address
27 East Main Street
Hudson, OH 44236
Location
Hudson Town Hall, NE corner of E Main S & Church St
Coordinates
Latitude: 41.241039, Longitude: -81.439569.
Google map: