Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Summit County / 19-77 Stan Hywet Hall [9]

Title, side A
Stan Hywet Hall
Text, side A
The former "country estate" of the Frank A. Seiberling family, Stan Hywet Hall is one of the finest examples of Tudor Revival architecture in the United States. "F.A." Seiberling (1859-1955) co-founded the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company in 1898 and later the Seiberling Rubber Company, thus greatly contributing to Akron's distinction as "The Rubber Capital of the World." Built between 1912 and 1915, The 65-room Manor House and service buildings are situated on more than 70 acres of restored historic gardens and wooded landscapes, all reflecting the Seiberlings' tastes in the decorative and cultural arts. Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975 and designated a National Historic Landmark in 1982.
Address
714 N. Portage Path
Akron, OH 44303
Location
NW corner of N Portage Path & Garman Rd, to the right of the entrance to Stan Hywet Hall
Coordinates
Latitude: 41.116612, Longitude: -81.548645.
Google map: