Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Ottawa County / 10-62 Ottawa County Courthouse [7]

  • 10-62 Courthouse 10-62 Courthouse
  • 10-62 Marker 10-62 Marker
  • 10-62 Ottawa County Courthouse 10-62 Ottawa County Courthouse
  • 10-62 Ottawa County Courthouse 10-62 Ottawa County Courthouse
  • 10-62 Ottawa County Courthouse Marker 10-62 Ottawa County Courthouse Marker
  • 10-62 Ottawa County Courthouse 10-62 Ottawa County Courthouse
  • 10-62 Ottawa County Courthouse 10-62 Ottawa County Courthouse
Title, side A
Ottawa County Courthouse
Text, side A
As the county seat, Port Clinton is home to the present Ottawa County Courthouse, completed on May 20, 1901 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1974. Constructed in the Richardson Romanesque style, the exterior of the courthouse was built using sandstone quarried at Amherst, Ohio. Pink marble wainscoting, an ornate staircase, and stenciling enhance the interior. A copy of William Powell's mural, "Perry's Victory on Lake Erie," is featured along with smaller murals depicting early county industries - farming, fishing, fruit growing, and quarrying. Memorial tablets honor veterans from the Spanish-American War and Civil War.
Address
315 Madison Street
Port Clinton, OH 43452
Location
315 Madison Street
Coordinates
Latitude: 41.509700, Longitude: -82.940300.
Google map: