Remarkable Ohio

Serpent Mound Marker

Home / Marion County / 6-51 Marion County Courthouse [12]

Title, side A
Marion County Courthouse
Text, side A
This is Marion County's fourth courthouse and the second at this site. The cornerstone was laid on July 4, 1884. Costing $115, 00, it was completed in 1885 by contractors Leffler and Bland. In 1973 the courthouse was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. In 1975 the interior was remodeled at a cost of over $900,000.
Address
100 N. Main Street
Marion, OH 43302
Location
On E. Center Street side
Coordinates
Latitude: 40.588818, Longitude: -83.128411.
Google map: